European representative for IRDS “International Roadmap for Devices and Systems”
Webinars organised by IEEE IRDS, EDS France, and the SINANO Institute
IEEE IRDS Outside System Connectivity Roadmap Webinar
IEEE EDS France, IRDS and the SINANO Institute have organized a Webinar on “IEEE IRDS Outside System Connectivity” presented by Michael Garner on October 6th, 2022.
- Webinar Summary: OSC SiNANO Abstract
- Webinar Presenters Bios: Michael Garner Short Bio
- Slides presented: OCS-Mike Garner Oct. 6, 2022
- Recording of the webinar: video
IEEE IRDS Beyond CMOS Webinar
IEEE EDS France, IRDS and the SINANO Institute will organize a Webinar on “IEEE IRDS Beyond CMOS” held by An Chen on 30th August 2021 at 17:00 Paris time
- Webinar Summary:Beyond CMOS webinar summary
- Webinar Presenters Bios: Beyond CMOS webinar presenters bios
- Slides presented: Slides Beyond CMOS webinar
- Recording of the webinar: video
IEEE IRDS More Moore roadmap for Edge and Cloud Computing Enablement
- Webinar summary and Mustafa Badaroglu CV: Read
- Slides presented: Slides_IRDS_More_Moore
- Recording of the webinar: video
The IEEE International Roadmap for Devices and Systems™ – IRDS 2022 Edition is Now Available !
You can freely dowload the International Roadmap for Devices and Systems (IRDS ) 2022 Edition on: https://irds.ieee.org/editions/2022
“Roadmapping of Nanoelectronics for the New Electronics Industry” Open Access paper
by Paolo Gargini – IEEE – IRDS Chairman, Francis Balestra – SINANO Institute , CNRS-GINP and Yoshihiro Hayashi – SRDJ, Keio University
Members of the IRC International Roadmap Committee and respectively IRDS representatives of US, Europe and Japan !
Abstract: This paper is dedicated to a review of the international effort to map the future of nanoelectronics from materials to systems for the new electronics industry. The following sections are highlighted: the Roadmap structure with the international teams, the methodology and historical evolution, the various eras of scaling, the new ecosystems and computer industry, the evolving supply chain, the development of SoC and SiP, the advent of the Internet of Everything and the 5G communications, the dramatic increase of data centers, the power challenge, the technology fusion, heterogeneous and system integration, the emerging technologies, devices and computing architectures, and the main challenges for future applications.
Read it now: https://doi.org/10.3390/app12010308
As the successor to the ITRS, the IRDS™ topics are a forecast of technology and systems characteristics, needed technologies, and capabilities of the microelectronics and systems industries. The intent is to focus on academic, manufacturing, supply, and research coordination regarding the development of microelectronic devices and systems.
The goals of the roadmap are as follows:
- To identify key trends related to devices, systems, and all related technologies by generating a roadmap with a 15-year horizon
- To determine generic devices’ and systems’ needs, challenges, potential solutions, and opportunities for innovation
- To encourage related activities worldwide through collaborative events, such as related IEEE conferences and roadmap workshops
IRDS Mission: Identify the roadmap of electronic industry from devices to systems and from systems to devices.
This initiative focuses on an International Roadmap for Devices and Systems through the work of roadmap teams closely aligned with the advancement of the devices and systems industries, especially for computing applications.
Led by an international roadmap committee – IRC – including the SiNANO Institute, International Focus Teams (IFTs) will collaborate in the development of a roadmap, and engage with other segments of the IEEE, such as Rebooting Computing, and related industry communities, in complementary activities to help ensure alignment and consensus across a range of stakeholders, such as Academia, Consortia, Industry or/and national laboratories.
Link with the SiNANO Institute
IRDS’ Executive Committee is comprised of leaders from five regions of the world: Europe (SiNANO Institute), Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and the U.S.A.
The SiNANO Institute is hence the European representative for IRDS.
Francis Balestra is the European representative in IRC – International Roadmap Committee.
International roadmap efforts directly aligned with the IRDS:
- NanoElectronics Roadmap for Europe: “Identification and Dissemination” (NEREID) – SiNANO Institute Scientific Coordinator
- The System Device Roadmap Committee of Japan (SDRJ)
- the International Electronics Manufacturing Initiative (iNEMI)
- Sandia National Labs
2022 International Nanodevices and Computing Conference-INC – Virtual event – September 12-13, 2022
- DAY 1: 2022 IRDS Roadmap Summary
- DAY2: International Nanodevices and Computing Conference
The 6th IEEE International Conference on Rebooting Computing – ICRC2021 was held from 30 November to 2 December 2021 as a virtual conference.
ICRC is the premier venue for forward-looking computing research, including algorithms and software, system and network architectures, new devices and circuits, and applications of new materials and physics. Bridging reversible and quantum computing, analog and neural computing, the broad scope of ICRC extends to novel device physics and materials for post-Moore, beyond CMOS, and non-von Neumann computing paradigms.
IRDS™/INC2021 conference on 23-24 September
Online presentations avaialable on demand: Information: https://irds.ieee.org/news/inc-2021
The IEEE International Nanodevices and Computing (INC) Conference covers the continuously evolving technology ecosystem based on nanotechnology, nanodevices, and computing, supporting the global information technologies infrastructure. The INC conference includes predictions on devices for computing and communications, computer architecture, and applications. The latest results in the field of Neuromorphic Computing, Quantum Computing, and Machine Learning at the Edge will be highlighted. The advent of 5G has created excitement, and INC will present for the first time a mapping of what needs to be done to cover the full technology landscape.
The 2021 International Symposium on Roadmapping Devices and Systems (ISRDS) -virtual- has featured:
- Read-outs that preview the 2021 International Roadmap for Devices and Systems (IRDS)
- Highlights from the 2020 IEEE International Conference on Rebooting Computing (ICRC 2020) including “what is next for Reversible Computing”, “Large-scale Neuromorphic design principles”, and “Circuit Characterization for quantum processing”.
Two-Day Program : PROGRAM – 2021 ISRDS May 26 and 27
- Day 1: “2021 IRDS Roadmap Summaries”
- Day 2: “New Directions for Computing”
Register here for ISRDS 2021 On-Demand
The 2020 IRDS Roadmaps have been released:
You can freely dowload the International Roadmap for Devices and Systems (IRDS ) 2020 Edition on: https://irds.ieee.org/editions/2020
IRDS Press Release Summer 2019
The SiNANO Institute is one more time well mentionned in the latest IRDS Press Release: